• SIGNED – Rewrote Democrat Secretary of State Fontes’ budget to remove dangerous aspects and require him to obtain legislative authorization before spending federal HAVA funds.
• SIGNED – Defunded the Attorney General’s Election Integrity Unit, which Democrat Kris Mayes announced she would use to criminal prosecute conservative activists for election-related “misinformation”.
• KILLED – SB1518, a bill described by former head of the Attorney General’s Election Integrity Unit as “the single worst bill for election integrity this state has ever seen.”
• ON THE BALLOT – Shepherded prohibition on use of ranked choice voting in primaries through Elections committee as Vice Chair. It will now be on the ballot.
• SPONSORED – bill to add 20 pages of signature verification rules to Arizona law. All House Republicans and a majority of House Democrats voted in support. Vetoed.
• SPONSORED – bill to require courts interpret election law in the interests of transparency. Vetoed.
• INVESTIGATED – As Vice Chair of elections committee, have helped lead investigation into Fontes’ attempts to draft new EPM. Forced him to use the last Republican EPM as a baseline instead of the more recent version prepared by Democrat Katie Hobbs.
• INVESTIGATED – As Vice Chair of Elections committee, helped lead investigation into use of AI in signature verification. Revealed that Maricopa County was lying when they said they didn’t use AI for this purpose in the 2022 general election.
• INVESTIGATION IN PROGRESS – Runbeck chain of custody and AI concerns.
• LITIGATED – Led the charge to get the legislature to take over the legal defense of Arizona’s citizenship voting law that our new Democrat AG Kris Mayes refuses to defend.
Water and Energy
• SIGNED – Author of bipartisan legislation to solve the Rio Verde Foothills water crisis.
• SIGNED – Secured funding for the construction of Arizona’s first new brackish groundwater desalination plant in five decades – an Arizona First approach that puts Arizona water to use for Arizona.
• KILLED – bill to create green new deal in Arizona.
• KILLED – unconstitutional bill pushed by lobbyists for three woke corporations and the Sierra Club to exempt them and their cronies – and nobody else – from Arizona’s water management laws.
• KILLED – unconstitutional bill to allow taxpayer set aside to secure our water future to be spent building a factory for an electric car company. Had to be killed twice, once in committee and once on the floor.
• INVESTIGATED – whether Maricopa County’s fuel-blend regulations were leading to higher gas prices.
Life, Liberty, and Property
• SIGNED – Sponsored bill to crack down on medical kidnapping and protect the constitutional rights of the mentally ill.
• SIGNED – Major contributor, along with my fellow Freedom Caucus members, to first tax rebate in decades.
• ON THE BALLOT – Co-sponsored legislation to crack down on the Governor’s emergency powers in response to COVID abuses. Will be on ballot.
• LITIGATED – Led legislative charge to get House and Senate to take over defense of Arizona’s pro-life laws Democrat AG refused to defend.
• SPONSORED – Bill to prohibit political prosecutions.
• SPONSORED – Defend the Guard.
• SPONSORED – Bill to suspend the gas tax.
• KILLED – unconstitutional bill which would have allowed people who had not killed anyone, including healthcare providers treating terminally ill patients with pain medication, to be prosecuted for murder.
• KILLED – unconstitutional bill that would have prohibited filming police encounters.
Resume for Re-Election
Sign Re-Election Petition